Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 May 2007

its alright. it'll be alright.



Last night was open mic at the Adelphi club, which made me sad as it is soon time to leave the greatest city in East Yorkshire.

I bumbled my way through a few songs before being completely and utterly upstaged by Bristol's Seagull Strange, who delivered one of the most uplifting, toe-tapping, foot-stomping, ear-flicking sets in recent memory. I can't really describe their sound without sounding trite and resorting to 'a cross between this and this' cliches, so in the words of George Michael, listen.

Seagull Strange: Sulla's Return

The album is called 'Better Angels of Our Nature', and it's out now. I recommmend.

I was going to go to see The Thermals tonight but am too sleepy and have to get up early to catch a very long train to the big smoke. So that's about it for now I'm off to my bed. I worry that no-one reads these things. If you are reading this, leave a comment and prove me wrong.

In the words of George Michael, fast love.

x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello...i read u...