Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 May 2007

The Holy Orders



The last few days have been taken up by worrying about life, wishing I was at Coachella, reading about tibetan buddhism and complaining about my wisdom teeth hurting. I lead a busy life.

Anyway as I am coming rather too quickly towards the end of 3 years in the metropolis of Hull, I promised I would post about some local bands. The Holy Orders are by far the best Hull-based band I have encountered during my time here. I first came across them when I saw lead singer Matt 'Edible' Thompson regularly on the open mic circuit, he is quite a character and a brilliant songwriter. His performances are powerful, energetic and witty. This is a song that he often plays solo during their shows.

The Holy Orders: Astronauts

In other news, looking forward to the new Interpol album . . . thinking of going to see Bright Eyes in Birmingham depending on what state my life is in . . . oh and finishing the old degree . . .

x

No comments: