Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 April 2007

Have you heard of Andrew Bird? - album of the year so far pt i



It's fun to rhyme. Especially when you've got a dissertation to do.

Right, it's time to discuss record of the year so far, seeing as it's April and all. So far I have two contenders from a very strong batch of [mainly american] cds to have been released since january. Surprisingly, the albums I was most looking forward to - Wilco, Bright Eyes, Rufus Wainwright - have been slightly disappointing, so the first part of my joint award goes to Andrew Bird's Armchair Apocrypha.

This is a brilliant work, orchestral without being too grand, poppy without surrendering his trademark idiosyncracies. These songs will get in your head and take over your ipod - I guarantee it.

Andrew Bird: Heretics

Stay tuned for the second part of album of the year so far tomorrow, where I will be rhyming another band's name with a different word.

Oh and in the near future I will be writing about some local bands from Hull [where I am studying] so keep checking in.

x

No comments: