Powered By Blogger

Monday 17 September 2007

This is the funniest show on TV

You can keep your 'Friends', your 'Scrubs' and your 'Frasier'. You can keep your 'Black Books', 'I.T Crowd' and even 'The Mighty Boosh'.

Peep Show is a comedy masterpiece that makes me fall off my chair every time. There are too many quotes and too many clips to sum it up neatly in one go, but you can pretty much stick a pin in any episode of all 4 series and strike gold. It's all in the writing, courtesy of Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain. When you see some of the lines written down you realise how genius they are.

Adding to that, the shooting is dazzlingly original, the characters brilliantly and subtly observed and the awkward moments are even better than Ricky Gervais at his cringeworthy best.

If you've never seen it, the following may not make much sense out of context but I urge you to watch it from the start of series 1.

These are two of my favourite moments:



No comments: