Powered By Blogger

Friday 17 August 2007

Introducing your new favourite band



Ok, so maybe I am jumping on a bandwagon which left the station a few years ago. And maybe I am hypocritcally embracing everything about the NME/Zane Lowe scene that I have previously professed to abhor. But I don't care. Because Canadian five-piece You Say Party! We Say Die! have won my heart. Despite a slew of great albums this year, it has been a while since I heard a new band who blow me away quite as much as these guys. The best comparison I can offer is a mixture of Sleater Kinney, Franz Ferdinand and The Alma Boobies, which doesn't sound great written down but trust me, it sounds a hell of a lot better on record.

Here is a track from their first album, 'Hit The Floor' released in 2005. Told you I was a latecomer. Their recent album 'Lose All Time' was released in April this year.

You Say Party! We Say Die!: Stockholm Syndrome pt i

Ps No Radiohead album anytime soon. Boo.

1 comment:

Parma Violet said...

No Sam! YOU'RE a bad person!

T_T

Think about it.