Powered By Blogger

Saturday 2 February 2008

The RPM Challenge



this month i will be mostly doing this.

This is the challenge: record an album in 29 days, just because you can.

That’s 10 songs or 35 minutes of original material recorded during the month of February. Go ahead… put it to tape.

Anyone can come up with an excuse to say “no,” so don’t. Many of you are thinking “But, I can’t do that! I don’t have any songs/recording gear/money/blah blah blah...” But this doesn’t have to be the album, it’s just an album. Remember, this is an artistic exercise. Well written, honest music is compelling and undeniable no matter what it was recorded on. So put it to tape.


After failing miserably last year, I have got off to quite a good start and I have three or four 'finished' songs (although i don't think the word finished really applies to this project in any way). I am struggling with lack of gear and a crackly hissy snivelling computer but hey...

check out my efforts so far here.

No comments: